The purpose of this department is twofold:
- AUDIO – Its purpose is to provide management, maintenance, a budget plan, and help in purchasing of sound equipments and offer a sound atmosphere that encourage worshippers to worship God in spirit and in truth. It is responsible to offer Audio Sounds, Recordings, Sales of Recordings (tapes & CDs), Sound Equipments, etc.
- VISUAL – Its purpose is to help provide a double message to the worshippers by making it visual in the used of PowerPoint Presentation, Slide Projector, Video Projector, Video Shooting/Taping/Recording/Editing, Sales of DVDs, Visual Equipments, etc.
- Determines the needs for musical instruments (Purchase or rent)
- Creates an atmosphere where the choir and worship team members are encouraged, equipped and eager to sing during the events
- Assures the recordings of all the events (audio or video)
- Assures the distribution of the audio and video recordings (sales)
- Assures the collection of the fees for the recording requests
- Assures the use of the overhead and video projectors, screens, and transparencies/assetates, billboards, banners and flags.
- Administers the sound equipments and the musical instruments
- Maintains the equipment and the instruments in good condition
- Assures the rental, lease or purchase of needed equipment (approval needed)
The leadership may compose of many members, but seven of them are listed as follows:
The Leader must live his/her life in a way to exemplify a godly person; he/she must lead the group in a godly fashion; he/she must learn how to manage conflicts among the other members; he/she is responsible to uphold all the functions of the department; he/she is responsible for the success and failure of the dept; he/she has to call the meetings, direct or manage them, and make sure that they are appropriate; he/she is responsible to decide on and purchase of new audio-visual equipments; he/she has the final word in cooperation with the pastor and the executive committee on the use of church equipments for outside events; he/she has to work in close collaboration with the Music and Drama committees; finally, he/she has to show personal spiritual growth and watch over the spiritual growth of the other members.
An Assistant Leader:
The assistant leader is a collaborator of the leader by being a helper to all the responsibilities of the leader; he/she is responsible to live an exemplify life just like the leader; he/she is responsible to replace the leader at her absence and fulfill all the functions of the leader; in case of resignation (voluntary or involuntary) or in case of death, he/she automatically becomes the leader.
A Cameraman or woman:
A Video Editor:
An Audio-Visual Manager:
The Audio-Visual Manager is responsible to manage all production and distribution of the tapes; assure that the proper fees are collected by the treasurer; assure the use of the proper projectors, screens, and transparencies; responsible to uphold all the audio-visual functions.
A Sound Engineer:
The Sound Engineer is responsible to manage all sounds during events; assure that the sound equipment are well maintained; assure the rental, lease and purchase of all equipment to provide better sound together with the Leader.
The treasurer is responsible to keep all the financial records and financial administration of the music, audio-visual dept; he has to plan and proposed a yearly budget; he has to motivate the members to contribute and create fund raising activities; he has to assure all the contributions and fees are collected in a timely fashion; he has to work in collaboration with the church treasurer.
- Help promote the proper sound environment that encourage worships
- Help sound equipments and technicians during all group rehearsals
- Help promote professionalism in sound and video imaging
- Help promote proper training of the sound engineers, cameramen, & Video Editors
- Help promote the proper audio visual materials and equipments during the events